Wednesday 30 March 2016

POETIC TRUMPETS: SHE


Machuka Album{Photo: Courtesy}

She walks as if brittle

She talks as if her teeth rattle

She approaches like one in a battle

Trying her best to put efforts I the hustle and bustle

Collecting broken pieces of her heart to make a life

The zeal and anticipation to do whatever it takes

Through thick and thin she struggles.



From a distance I watched her swift darts

She turns; her face lights up-glowing like a candle

Full of life; merely to notice her pains

The dimples on her cute face; as she 
smiles hides her reality
Her angelic eyes glittering 
like stars in cluster.



Suddenly I felt empty and hollow inside

A space in my heart to be filled

I drew closer with my eyes fixed 
to this creativity before me
“Here, my dream is calling me”

An urge to touch but scared to burn

An attempt to speak but my eyes 
deprived me a chance

Desire to hold; but my body weak to do it.



Still I stood before my dream; the doctor to my heart

Gathered my courage and stretched out my hand to reach out

Perspiration, from my forehead could tell my struggle

I touched, felt relieved, finally I achieved my dream

A thought that beamed my face

Attempted to taste

My eyes closed; moving closer to reach her lips

Only to wake up wet in sweat

My dream was invalid


#SOBS#


1 comment:

  1. the nightmare is invalid.... but your dreams are valid

    ReplyDelete

nice one