Sunday 24 April 2016

A LETTER TO MY WIFE

  


If l make it not from this war-zone
Let this letter reach my beloved
Wife, let her break its seal
With her bare hands 

Let her read it with love and care
Let her read it not with teary
Eyes, tell her to be brave for
My dog chain still rests on my chest 

Let her read it this way...
Sweetheart l wish l was there with
You this valentines, to give you
A Rose flower and wet your lips 
With red wine... 

But the path l chose allows me not
I am made to lie on a thirsty
Ground to defend our cause
Surrounded by a garden laden
With skulls that emptily stare up
Space as a menace of terror 

Grip our camp
Sweaty faces faced with long
Lost humane
Dear wife l don't want to scare
You off, l am fine to die with
Cause instead of dying in the course
Of suppression... 

Give my people the wine up the
Cabinet, let them quench their
Thirst fill their stomachs with
Bread, let their bodies sway and
Dance to the rhythm and sound
Of the drums... 

Let their torn souls
Find purpose to sing the song
Of Lawino as their feet stamp hard
As they shout chants of revolution
Dear wife, if l be M . I. A, let my
Son Malcom know that dad died
With a cause in the course of
Seeking a better nation 

He died trying to instill revolution
In the hearts of our people
If he understands not let him
Know that his dad was a poet
Who aspired not to be famous 

But one who wrote to unveil
Change to break loose and free
From the chains of oppression
If i make it not from this war-zone
Let me be buried in my
Motherland

By Marco-the-poet

No comments:

Post a Comment

nice one