Tuesday 18 October 2016

PRICK IN THE HEART

Add a smile: Photo Courtesy

At first it was on fire
For you checked on me now and then
Those moments I trusted your words accompanied by actions
Making me feel a princess to be; maybe for Prince Charles
My treat was royal
My call was royal
Greetings were queen-like
As your eyes dazzled when me you sighted
My honourable seat being your lap
Where you held me like a baby pampered with a soft rock accompanied to drift her to slumber
But for this time; they were words i yearned for
They were moments my heart craved for
Touching my long black dead hair cells on my head as we cuddled
Slowly but sure, our lips met-passionate kisses
My body aroused; goose pumps
I was convinced that this was home
Days passed, weeks,months, a year keeping abreast to my home
I believe we had attained the climax
Where I got used to you
Until when I felt a hitch
Those good mornings and good nights started to lessen
Those Whatsapp texts reduced to few words
Those dates i was used to slowly becoming dormant
My heart sunk more and more each day
Pain and agony cruised my lame heart-though I tried to convince myself i was okay
Greater distance and emptiness left me hollow though I held on to my love
My tears of joy became bitter
I wished to hold my prince but he was never to be reached
Communication became a great wall that separated our hearts
He could neither pick my calls nor reply my texts
May be his work schedule kept him busy- my only consolation
I did all that could distract me from thinking of him
I prayed nothing bad happened to him
Though, I had doubt
I should have read in between the lines
Maybe I was not meant to be the Princess
Maybe my underprivileged background couldn't allow him to carry the shame
It's three months now-never heard of him
My burning flames reduced to embers
Love is losing a meaning to me
But I still cross my fingers and believe he is still mine
Am still a diehard.

#ThoughtsAsunder
#PoeticTrumpets

No comments:

Post a Comment

nice one